Gay/ Lesbian relationships: what’s wrong in it?

‘Homosexuality’ is a bad word not only in the Indian context but also considered taboo all over the world. I had a lot of thinking to do, before even writing this blog title. I mean why label homosexuals as gays or lesbians? They are human beings after all. And the way they live their life is something, nobody should meddle with – neither the government, society nor religious outfits in the world.

This community always existed right from stone-age, but they were never open about their relationships. However, today equations have changed and rightfully the community has come out in the open to discuss and talk about it.

The first gay marriage took place in India a few days back. This was not a marriage that transpired on a hide-out, but this happened in the typical Indian wedding style with approval from parents and the nearby like-minded community. And we too need to open up and liberate ourselves from this narrow-mindedness. Remember they are simply one of us.

There are many Hollywood and especially Bollywood films which are based on homosexual relationships. But the sad part about such films is that, they make a joke of this community to entertain the masses. Indeed, we need to make more serious films to educate the society at large. It is high time we accept them and let them live life king size.

All you lovely people out there who are reading my thoughts through this article, and who disagree with my belief - I have nothing against you. Infact, I respect your opinion, but at the same time, I respect my opinion too.

And for all you people who simply agree with me, and want to convey your agreement to me, you can do so by demonstrating your solidarity by supporting the ‘fight for equality’, by simply joining a group on Facebook which fights for the right of gay, lesbian, transgender and bisexual community. The link on Facebook.

It is high-time, we treat this community with equality and respect, and let them live their lives with their own terms. We need to respect their sentiments and emotions!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Do write to me with your reactions, opinions or critical comments at simplymearl@live.com or leave your inputs in the comments tab below.

Before I sign out, as I always say take very good care of yourself and God Bless!

Stick around, because life is beautiful!

Comments

Pradeep shetty said…
Ya very true n agree in simple word i can only say that jiyo aur jeene do.....................

Popular posts from this blog

Salutations to Whistleblowers in today's vicious world

What’s in a Burkini; No, Shakespeare didn’t say that!

Go lush green…Go Mahabaleshwar