The Walkathon . . .Come One, Come All

I am kind of going out of breath now! OK just a second, let me engulf a mouthful of air - yeah now it feels much better!
Alright, I am just back from a walkathon conducted by the nearby community in the midst of 200 participants and we all united, completed a distance of 5kms. It was a fantastic event and indeed got our adrenaline rushing.
The main purpose of the walkathon was to increase an awareness of how exercise is the key to staying fit and also stressing upon the fact that alcohol, drugs and smoking are indeed hazardous to an individuals well being.
I am sure, our message was successfully conveyed to people, because our group size of 200 participants at the beginning of the walkathon, expanded to a bigger size until we reached the finishing point. It was truly encouraging!
The walkathon was then followed by a sports event especially for kids, but since each participant was all pumped up in high spirits, everybody participated in the games.
Then, we sweated it out while playing badminton (doubles match) and yes, I will admit here that I lost all 4 matches, but believe me, I am not such a bad player. Lets engage in a badminton match some day. . . what say?
Okay, I believe, its now time to do some relaxing and lazing around a bit, because tomorrow is a Monday again . . . and you know how much I hate Monday’s because Monday’s make me think of my ever brimming and over expanding mailbox size. God save this obedient child of yours!!!
Before I sign out, I will leave you with some real motivating thoughts,
"Few people know how to take a walk. The qualifications are endurance, plain clothes, old shoes, an eye for nature, good humor, vast curiosity, good speech, good silence and nothing too much.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882) U.S. poet, essayist and lecturer.
“Fitness - If it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body and mind.”
Thanks for visiting my blog! Do write to me with your reactions, opinions or critical comments at simplymearl@live.com or leave your inputs in the comments tab below.
Before I sign out, as I always say take very good care of yourself and God Bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salutations to Whistleblowers in today's vicious world

What’s in a Burkini; No, Shakespeare didn’t say that!

Go lush green…Go Mahabaleshwar