Birthday celebrations are so embarrassing!!

Birthday is a day every year…. which I am sure is special to each one of us. A day on which we receive gifts and lots of hugs & kisses from our loved ones.

It is infact a special day, filled with celebrations with friends and family, but believe me, I kind of find birthday celebrations real embarrassing and accepting gifts even more uncomfortable.

On my birthdays, I like staying away from the rest of the world. No cutting the birthday cake, no gifts, no parties, for me please. I make it a point to take a casual off from office too, because it’s kind of a ritual in office to cut the birthday cake with colleagues.

People put you in the spotlight….just because it’s your birthday. No big deal…what say!!!

Life is beautiful…but I do not see birthdays as a day where you have achieved anything…….it’s just the day which comes the same day every year. Infact, it is worthier to be in the spotlight, if you have achieved your goal with your hardwork and commitment.

But yeah…..I love celebrating birthdays of my friends and family. So the reverse is applicable.

If you have any inputs or brickbats, please write to me at
simplymearl@live.com or leave your inputs in the comments tab below.

Before I sign out, as I always say take very good care of yourself and God Bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salutations to Whistleblowers in today's vicious world

Go lush green…Go Mahabaleshwar

Paul Almighty