Come let’s dance…..

I have always been awed by people who can shake a leg with that level of ease and comfort…. and all that done so damn gracefully. Even more by those who can move their body like as if it is some sort of a spring-board or like it is made of some kind of elastic composition. Looking at them dance, I begin to ask myself a question of whether…these dancers have a different spine and bone framework unlike ours. They simply do it so simply!

Who can forget a Michael Jakcson, who introduced his signature dance move- the moon walk. MJ was so passionate about dancing that he wanted to be the first one to actually do the moon walking on the moon. But I believe, his health conditions did not permit him to fulfill his dream. It’s all about being passionate and loving what you do, that makes you successful.

Gracing up
Coming to think of dance styles that brings with it grace, poise, sensuality, and rhythm, it has to be the Latino dance style formats such as, merengue, salsa, hip-hop, jazz, cha-cha, rumba, tango, samba, paso doble…to name a few.

I happened to be a part of this annual dance Latino festival this year and got to see the different dance styles actually being spun-off live on stage. It was amazing to watch 13 different Latino dance technique presented one after the other. For me it was a bigger task, since it was not only the dance name that I had to memorise but I had to kind of understand and actually mug-up a piece of history and evolution of each dance method, to be able to compere the event (for a friend) with the same ease and comfort that the dance artists performed with.

All-in-all it was an amazing and an educating event set of with panache. Learning the rumba and the tango are on my agenda and I will make time very soon to boogie on these dance techniques.

Frankly, I can’t shake a leg to save my life….even if I was instigated by Gabbar cracking those oh-so-famous dialogues, “bohot yarana lagta hain,” “Jab tak tere pair chalenge iski saans chalegi,” (pun intended)…I just can’t dance!!

A sort of self expression and recreation
Dance is all about recreation and self-expression. Besides fun and entertainment, dancing has some real useful health benefits to go with it. It is indeed a way to stay fit for people of all ages, shapes and sizes. Moreover, it can improve your muscle tone, strength, endurance, and fitness all the way.

So remember to always keep it shaken and stirred!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Do write to me with your reactions, opinions or critical comments at simplymearl@live.com or leave your inputs in the comments tab below.

Before I sign out, as I always say take very good care of yourself and God Bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salutations to Whistleblowers in today's vicious world

Go lush green…Go Mahabaleshwar

Paul Almighty