A perfect solution to illiteracy in India – “You”




YOU…….I mean you my friends, can now help India eradicate illiteracy by dedicating only 2 hours of your time per week to teach the less fortunate children of India.

In India, the adult literacy rate is 61.3% and the youth literacy rate is 73.3%. We need to work towards making this 100%. The children are the future of the world and our future lies in their hands.

They need to have the basic education to move ahead in life. As the great Albert Einstein said, "Bear in mind that the wonderful things you learn in your schools are the work of many generations. All this is put in your hands as your inheritance in order that you may receive it, honor it, add to it, and one day faithfully hand it on to your children.

So lets come together and share the knowledge that we have inherited from our teachers and professors and pass it down to the underprivileged children of the world.

Teach India is a social initiative from the Times of India that brings together children in need of education and people who can contribute a little time towards teaching them. The cause of Teach India is plain and simple...they believe that the power of one person working for educational reform is significant, but the power of many is infinite. How true!!!


My student Gautami, who is now a genious


I was introduced to the Teach India initiative by one of my colleague. He sent me an email about this initiative which actually touched my heart. Honestly, I was waiting for an opportunity like this which will give me a chance to contribute to society, but I did not know whom to approach.

Finally, Teach India an initiative launched by a renowned organization the Times of India, is something which I can trust and through whom I can do something for the betterment of society and our country as a whole.

Each one of us is running in a rat race of building our own careers. Yes, it is important, infact it is very important……………..but I believe contributing to a social cause will help us remain grounded and will make us more aware of our surroundings.

And what better way that this one…….what say?

How to apply
The selection procedures for part time teachers is very stringent & rigorous. If you are interested, you can fill up the application form which is available on the Teach for India website and submit the form along with your CV and application letter to apply@teachforindia.org with the subject title: TFI APPLICATION_[YOUR LAST NAME_YOUR FIRST NAME].

For application details, click
To download application form, click

And if you meet the selection criteria of Teach India, you will be honored with the opportunity to do a little bit for the welfare of our society.

I have submitted my application already and I am keeping my fingers crossed….I just hope I am selected.

So let’s join the movement and end educational inequality in India.

If you have your views/ comments/ queries, you can write to me at
simplymearl@live.com or leave your inputs in the comments tab below.

Remember, “Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

Before I sign out, as I always say take very good care of yourself and God Bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salutations to Whistleblowers in today's vicious world

Go lush green…Go Mahabaleshwar

Paul Almighty