Morals, values, loose, modern, western – What are you talking about?

We have watched hooligans creating violence and discomfort to women in the name of 'Indian culture' on national television and what are we doing about it . . . Nothing!!. These are perverts who for cheap political publicity have gone to the extent of hitting women in pubs.
India is the largest democratic country in the world, where citizens (whether a man or a women) has the right to do what they want, the way they want it and when they want it, provided it is permissible under the Indian law.
What do these cheap political goons want to prove, by saying and demonstrating that women should not go to pubs and should not drink and smoke. Why are we looking at man and women with this level of inequality. I am not saying that women should drink or smoke or whether she should go to a pub or not.
My question is who are you to dictate women on what is right and what is not right. Women are capable of dictating their own terms!
In that case, we need to legally close all pubs, stop the manufacturing of cigarettes and alcohol in all forms in the country. Why are we allowing the sprawling pubs to operate in the city in the first place? Why are we allowing big brands to manufacture alcohol and cigarettes?
We are the citizens of this country and there can be no differentiation to what is right for women to do and what is right for a man to do.
I find this stupid and ugly to even be writing about this situation, but the truth is that this is the truth and in this fast forward world that we live in, we are experiencing such cheap behaviour from perverts with a narrow mindset.
You guys actually need a reality check!!
Today using a mobile phone, using a computer for our daily work is not a luxury. These are basically necessities in the fast pace world that we live in. We need to move ahead with the world to see our country progress with times. And we are doing well, infact we are doing very well for ourselves.
How can you call this modernisation and westernization? Coming to look at it, it is not Indians who are aping the west, infact the world is learning from the great teachings and experiences of experts from India, for which we should be proud of ourselves.
I have written this article in shame and complete embarrassment. But I had to write it, to make my point heard because this blog space is my voice concerning issues/ facts that either interest and/or bothers me, my freinds, my family, the society, my country and people of this world.
Thanks for visiting my blog! Do write to me with your feedback & comments or brickbats, at simplymearl@live.com or leave your inputs in the comments tab below.
Before I sign out, as I always say take very good care of yourself and God Bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salutations to Whistleblowers in today's vicious world

Go lush green…Go Mahabaleshwar

Paul Almighty